The Lakelands Association of REALTORS® (The Lakelands) is currently seeking an Executive Officer to manage its operations from its office located in Huntsville, Ontario. Serving over 830 REALTORS® throughout Parry Sound, Muskoka, Haliburton and Orillia, Lakelands is a professional association focused on the real estate industry. It supports its members by providing the tools, technology and education required to uphold a high standard of professionalism. Lakelands also works alongside all levels of government, and with local organizations to advocate for sustainable, long-term solutions in real estate and home ownership.
As Executive Officer for The Lakelands, reporting to the Board of Directors, you will:
• Guide the volunteer Board of Directors through the development of an effective strategic plan; the business plan to support it; create the metrics to measure the success of that plan and provide regular progress reports.
• Have a proven track record of staff leadership, and the ability to manage and motivate a team of five in a strong member-focused, positive workplace culture.
• Demonstrate the sound financial management skills necessary to set and manage the operating and capital budgets and the expertise to ensure efficient, and effective operations along with contract negotiation skills.
• Track record of developing new and compelling member programs and services in support of the member value proposition including the MLS® System and related technologies, education, networking, professional standards and advocacy.
• Ability to identify change opportunities and effectively manage that change through all levels of the organization.
• Develop a strong understanding of issues affecting members, including existing and emerging technologies, policy and legislation issues at municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government, and access to local and regional data.
• Demonstrate the necessary professionalism to represent The Lakelands and actively participate in discussions on emerging issues, at local, regional, provincial and national conferences.
• Promote a positive image of The Lakelands members to the public, media, business leaders and local partners, by positioning The Lakelands’ members as local and industry experts.
• 8 to 10 years association management experience, including supporting, inspiring and reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of organized real estate and the real estate sector will be considered an important asset.
• Creative problem-solver and opportunity seeker, especially adept at representing the Association’s perspective to all internal and external stakeholders.
• Experienced in organizational governance, administration, and stakeholder engagement with a demonstrated ability to build member trust.
• An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited college or university. CAE and CRAE designations will be considered an asset.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to provide staff, board and member leadership in times of change.
• Travel within and outside the province is required on a regular basis (now temporarily on hold due to COVID).
The Lakelands offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about The Lakelands Association of REALTORS®, visit www.thelakelands.ca.
To submit a confidential application, please provide a cover letter and resume at:
The deadline for application is Monday, March 22nd at 5 PM.