Canadian home sales little changed in February
Ottawa, ON, March 17, 2014 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was little changed in February 2014 on a month-over-month basis.
- National home sales edged up 0.3% from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 1.9% above February 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.6% from January to February.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 10.1% on a year-over-year basis in February.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.1% year-over-year in February.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations was little changed from January to February 2014, edging up just three tenths of one per cent. The February result follows five straight monthly declines and leaves activity 9.3 per cent below the peak reached in August 2013.