Ontario REALTORS® have Real Heart
REALTORS® go beyond buying and selling property; they are committed to contribute and support our growing communities. After all, this is their home too, and the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) wants to celebrate those that make a difference.
OREA launched their Real Heart initiative which works to celebrate the many ways in which Ontario REALTORS® go above and beyond to give back to our communities. As part of the launch, OREA conducted a survey that showed:
- A majority of Ontarians said volunteering makes them feel they are contributing to something important (70%), provides a feeling of purpose (55%), and a sense of community (54%).
- Volunteers also reported feeling happier (34%), forming new relationships (28%), and learning new skills (25%) as benefits of volunteering.
Real Heart will use its platform to recognize REALTORS® that volunteer their time by sharing their stories. No matter the size, every single contribution makes a difference and Real Heart hopes to inspire other REALTORS® to tell their stories. Read stories of the Real Heart ambassadors here: https://realheart.ca/category/community/, which includes:
- Bruce Johnson, RE/MAX of Wasaga Beach: Founder of Motorcycles for Miracles and the Alyssa Rae Johnson Foundation, which has raised over $700,000 in support of the Children’s Miracle Network and SickKids Hospital.
- Lindsey Edwards, Royal LePage ProAlliance Realty, Cobourg: Creator of the “Flocked 4 Shelter” fundraiser, past participant in the Sahara Desert Trek and current participant in the upcoming Purcell Mountain Challenge for Shelter. Lindsey has raised almost $60,000 in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, which directly benefits the Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre.
- Vince Mirabelli, RE/MAX First Choice Realty, Thunder Bay: Founding Chair of the “Save A Heart Ball” which has raised over $1 million towards cardiac care at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre (TBRHSC). Since starting a Pediatric Fund in 2009, Vince has raised nearly $150,000 for pediatric services at TBRHSC.
If you are a REALTOR®, get involved by sharing your story, or nominate an Ontario REALTOR®: https://realheart.ca/submit-a-story/